HOW DID YOUR BIKES GET STOLEN BACK IN THE 80'S

#126 2021-07-09 5:06pm

kegger
Pro Memberbarbarian by blood, pirate by choice
Signed up: 2008-02-09
Bikes: 9
Website

Re: HOW DID YOUR BIKES GET STOLEN BACK IN THE 80'S

i had a lemon peeler just like the pic, i was 11 (1975) i think it was brand new
i had it about a month, locked it in the back every night
left it in the front yard and went inside for 5 minutes.............
yikesyikesyikes damn, i hated living on a hill, someone just stepped on the bike and gone! sad

https://cdn1.mecum.com/auctions/az0320/az0320-424261/images/1970-schwinn-lemon-peeler3-1581526481581@2x.jpg

A WISE MAN ONCE SAID.........   NOTHING...

HE LET HER VENT, THEN THEY WENT UPSTAIRS AND HAD SEX

Power is Nothing Without Control

#127 2021-07-09 5:55pm

Papa wheelie 03x
Pro MemberPure Style Over The Doubles
Signed up: 2019-09-13
Bikes: 9

Re: HOW DID YOUR BIKES GET STOLEN BACK IN THE 80'S

I had an Schwinn orange crate similar to the lemon peeler but as the name implies it was orange. It was one of the few that was a single speed that were made, so my mom and dad were told.
I destroyed the springer fork. My dad put on a fork from a 10 speed because of the 16” front wheel.
I bent that fork. So my dad put on another 10 speed fork but this time he put 2nd fork on in reverse.
He cut the steer tube off the 2nd fork and welded it to the crowns together. It was different to say the least.
So one weekend my bike got stolen, I was pretty upset not because it was a cool bike but because it was my only bike. When I went to school on Monday I shared in class that my bike got ripped off and I said it had a double fork. Another kid in class said they had 2 bikes stolen over that same weekend and they left my bike was left in it’s place. So I got my bike back that day. Everybody laughed because my bike was not good enough some thief to keep.

Board footer