Drama in New Jersey

#1 2007-01-24 7:56pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!
Signed up: 2006-12-05
Bikes: 2
For Sale: 1

Drama in New Jersey

Guys i need your help with this. We have had alot of drama in new jersey. I will not get into details (yet) But we have alot of good people The crammer family and vinnie mannino -2 people who i highly respect and admire.(there are alot of others but these 2 come to mind first) But some crap went down.  A so called respected member decided to insult my best freind his girlfreind and me when i said to him "why you gotta be like that" he proceeded to challenge me to a fight. ( he also called me boy) I posted my views on our "state site"  and  my post got deleted. Why because it was deemed negative. All i did was tell the truth. I need to know would you want an invidual like this working with your kids? Btw the person has done alot for bmx in nj in the past. but imo that went out the window saturday.  I am a liittle tired and have to work tommorow night but i will keep track of this thread and i really need opinions. I will give more details a little later.

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

Former National 29 35-40x  -NBL
2010 2011 Regional #3  NBL

2019 district 174 USABMX

#2 2007-01-24 8:03pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

Re: Drama in New Jersey

Please try and keep this civil. I want certain people to see this but i want them to see some level headed responses. That is all i ask.

If I Will Throw An Elbow To My Best Friend  In A Turn,what Makes You Think I Wont Do It To You????????????

2019 district 174 USABMX

#3 2007-01-24 8:07pm

mcater
Expert
Signed up: 2006-08-14
Bikes: 10

WTF

#4 2007-01-24 8:07pm

djm
Intermediate
Signed up: 2006-09-13
Bikes: 1

its hard to reply without more details.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritus sancti."

#5 2007-01-24 8:09pm

reweldedhuffy
Restricted Member
Signed up: 2007-01-02

OK civil let a 2 day cooling down period go by and go talk to the guy - he might a just missed getting a NOS redline square back for 5 bucks 10 min before you talked to him I would suggest you don't make a big deal about it during the 2 days because it might make things worse if that don't work duelling pistols at 20 paces lol good luck!

#6 2007-01-24 8:25pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

quick summary. Said person was asked to lower the cost of the state website. (in order to save njbmx money) he refused. He yelled out in a official "what the f*** do you want" Not one person said a word. But when another person tried to speak he was told to shut up. (after raising his hand to speak numerous times) Out side my freind, aww screw it Brett middaugh went up to jeff morgan and tried to speak to him. he yelled at him and disrespected bretts girlfreind. At this point i said "jeff why you gotta be like that" he proceeded to call me boy and say take your best shot. Rich farside (who is strong as hell) grabbed me and told me "not here" 

Jeff has done alot for njbmx in the past but to me it means nothing now. He acted this way in front of fellow board members and children. I admit i was wrong but my temper flared when he called me boy. jeff isalso an african american and to here that from a "fellow blackman" (Iam not trying to be racial here just make apoint) really set me off. I have enough of a hard time trying to get inner city kids involved in bmx right now.  But I do not want someonoe  like this  reprenting BMX in new jersey. Sothat is the story. what would you do.

Last edited by MR.B (2007-01-24 8:26pm)

2019 district 174 USABMX

#7 2007-01-24 8:38pm

djm
Intermediate

id let him know that you are disapointed in him and that the 2 of you have a bigger battle  to face getting young kids out of inner city trouble. let him know that he was wrong in his doings in a civil manner and that you may have lashed out as well. drama is lame and frindships should be charished.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritus sancti."

#8 2007-01-24 8:44pm

reweldedhuffy
Restricted Member

ok maybe a 5 day cooling off period and a little of topic but related not to many of us "white folks" really understand the "boy" thing as far as that being offensive to african americans or black folks as I prefer I mean when I was younger the crew I hung out with were "my boys" or if someone I know was actin a fool we said something like "boy, you must be crazy" But now if ya got one of the big ass Georgia state troopies (with a friggin 50 cal on his hip) sayin" BOY! ya dun come ta da rawg state" hell that would upset and scare the shit outta me I live in Wisconsin and maybe things are different down south or somethin but had to put it out there because I've been in situations where someone has taken offence to something I've said and it made no sense to me whatsoever anyway good luck

#9 2007-01-24 8:49pm

djm
Intermediate

well that is rather offensive i am white and in Georgia awesome stereotype.

#10 2007-01-24 8:50pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

It was the derogatory manner in which he said it. i emailedhim no response. So i am going public.  Andhuffy i get what you are saying. But  i amjust really p-oedand have went to MY OWN STATE WEBSITE. the post got deleted. BTW He is the webmaster.

2019 district 174 USABMX

#11 2007-01-24 8:51pm

reweldedhuffy
Restricted Member

sorry but I hope your not a racist state trooper as stereotyped in many a movie

#12 2007-01-24 8:55pm

djm
Intermediate

no i am a Veteran marine  out a hunter airfeild but my point was stereotypeing is wrong and if you cant see that than that is sad and i dont care how many movies you have seen it in.

Last edited by djm (2007-01-24 9:28pm)

#13 2007-01-24 9:10pm

reweldedhuffy
Restricted Member

well Semper Fi JARHEAD Yeah I EARNED the right to be called that - but if you go back and read my posting it was "for instructional purposes only" trying to put what little understanding I had on the subject into perspective (I still try to learn something new every day) I actually get a kick out of discussing stereotyping and racism (again the increasing knowedge and understanding) for example I had to ask an old timer black gentleman where the term "honky" came from - do you know? none of the young brothers I hung with could tell me. anyway it came about from hanging out at the "honkytonks" and somewhere along the way it became derogatory? anyway we're fighting each other instead of helping out which is why we're here

#14 2007-01-24 9:17pm

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

Please guys i did not want to start any infighting. I really need your help with this. I want this guy gone from NJBMX.

2019 district 174 USABMX

#15 2007-01-24 9:22pm

djm
Intermediate

right on devil dog i see the point you were making after reading it a few times carry on

#16 2007-01-25 8:38am

crash-endo
Signed up: 2006-05-18
Bikes: 35

obviously the person you are dealing with has many problems in his life, avoid him and his business at all costs, I have seen people get shot or killed over lesser things. obviously he is not going to be mature about this and when a tool wants to start a fight over a bike or anything other than protecting his family or private property than he has major issues.

#17 2007-01-25 8:54am

falanga RACEINC.
Intermediate
Signed up: 2006-12-02

this cat seems to be alittle unstable , he might be agood guy , but maybe some heavy stuff in his own life is outa sorts .and it came out at the wrong time . if i were you ,be the bigger person. you seem to have a good head on your shoulders  .give him a chance to come around maybe thats all he needs to see the errors of his ways . as for the children this is a huge oppatunity to not only teach the dos  and donts about acting like an adult and race, and violence!but to teach about forgivness that my friend is the hardest lesson to learn !GOOD LUCK!

#18 2007-02-11 10:50pm

hutchheaven
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2006-04-08
Bikes: 38

Mr B. Are you Ant??????

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! I am in search of SUNDAY! and Odyssey stuff!!!!!
Grape and Orange Soda Watermelon and all Cool LE color ways!!!!!!
FUNDAY Aaron Ross 41 Thermal Pink Orange Purple etc......................

#19 2007-02-12 4:19am

ANTDOG
Pro MemberSite Advocate!

YES I thought you knew that.

2019 district 174 USABMX

#20 2007-02-12 7:21am

valuevintagebmx
Expert
Signed up: 2006-09-25
Bikes: 3

He sounds like he's got rage problems, maybe he's doing roids. Go to talk to him after cooling down, but carry some pepper spray incase he starts swingin.

#21 2007-02-12 8:59am

hutchheaven
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2006-04-08
Bikes: 38

No I didn't but now I do......LOL.......Maybe the guy is having some kind of other problems in his life?Don't really know what you should do?Are you sure he meant boy in a racial way?Are you younger than him?Don't just assume his meaning......That could make matters worse......Well enough of my non-helpful dribble....I hope everything get resolved and things work out for the best........Jim

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! I am in search of SUNDAY! and Odyssey stuff!!!!!
Grape and Orange Soda Watermelon and all Cool LE color ways!!!!!!
FUNDAY Aaron Ross 41 Thermal Pink Orange Purple etc......................

Board footer