You are not logged in.

1984 GT Mach One

#1 2012-06-19 12:24am

85machonegt
Museum Newbie
Signed up: 2012-06-17
Bikes: 1

1984 GT Mach One

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/museum_px_22jul.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/museum_px2_22jul.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/museum_px3_22jul.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/museum_px4_22jul.jpg

1984 GT Mach One

1984 GT Mach One Survivor.

My wife is super cool and got me this GT as a Father's Day surprise this year!  Except for the chain, and tires/tubes, it's all original!  The chrome is exceptional, no nicks, flakes, rust, or dents!  All original are:  The Santa Ana pad set and foams/covers, Hutch Expert bars, AME grips, decals, Dia Compe MX calipers, levers, and cables.  SR chain wheel and stem, GT seat clamp, post, and seat.  I would like to get a nice layback GT seat post later on.  I'm going to continue to use this as a Sunday bike, it's never seen water/rain.  I removed the Dyno rear brake guard to repair the cracked plastic.  The only swapped components are the tires/tubes, and chain. 

Thanks to the site, I was able to figure out that this bike was U.S. made, Huntington, CA July of 1984 and it's the 111th model.  Sweet!

I love this bike!

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

#2 2012-06-19 7:16am

Burning River
BMXer 4 Life
Signed up: 2010-11-27

Re: 1984 GT Mach One

You not only have a great wife but an amazing bike . :cool:

" Some may never live, but the crazy never die. "

~ Hunter S. Thompson 

#3 2012-06-19 9:36am

troynlori
AdminPedal Peddler
Signed up: 2009-11-22
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 138

Very nice.

You're local to Tidewater, eh?  I recognize this.  ;)

Hey!

#4 2012-06-20 8:34am

84mach1
Expert
Signed up: 2006-04-07
Bikes: 7

84mach1...a bike I remember and a name I won't forget ;)

#5 2012-06-20 9:28am

85machonegt
Museum Newbie

Burning River wrote:

You not only have a great wife but an amazing bike . :cool:

Thanks Burning River, I have a keepers (awesome wife & GT), and my wife is supportive of my hobbies.  Thankfully, collecting/restoring/using:  straight razors, guns, old bmx bikes, and muscle cars keeps me away from night/strip clubs, booze, and other forms of stupidity:cool:

#6 2012-06-20 9:35am

85machonegt
Museum Newbie

troynlori wrote:

Very nice.

You're local to Tidewater, eh?  I recognize this.  ;)

Thanks Troy,
I am local to Tidewater, I'm originally from Norfolk-raised!  joined the 'Corps and have been traveling ever since.  My wife is from Chesapeake, and we go back home from time to time.  It's always nice to visit "back home" because I have a new appreciation after being stationed in Havelock, NC.  This place BLOWS!!!hahaha
I'm surprised that you didn't snatch this up Bro, what gives???  it was waiting for a new owner and the dude was hella' cool!  My wife, father in law, and him worked a surprise very similar to the show "Overhaul" by Chip Foose, but instead of a car surprise, it was this sweet GT!  The pictures do this bike no justice!  I want to take more pic's of it in different backgrounds.  Graffitied buildings, old buildings, etc.  My wife is just cool for letting me keep this machine in our bedroom, priceless!:D

#7 2012-06-20 10:07am

troynlori
AdminPedal Peddler
Signed up: 2009-11-22
Bikes: 11
For Sale: 138

I grew up in VA BCH.  Good 'ol Cherry Point, eh?  You can get to something from every direction, but you're dead smack in the middle of no where.

I did text with the guy who was selling it, and he did seem cool.  His asking price (or really - Craigslist auction) was probably fair, but I already have one and so I would have just grabbed it to flip so it would have had to be cheap.  I'd love to know how much ya'll paid (if you know - PM me if you don't mind).

It does sound like your wife is very cool.  I can say that if I put all my bikes in the bedroom, I'd have to put my wife in the garage and that wouldn't work out too well.

Hey!

#8 2012-06-20 5:27pm

85machonegt
Museum Newbie

84mach1 wrote:

84mach1...a bike I remember and a name I won't forget ;)

hey 84mach1, your screen name is SICKk!

#9 2012-06-20 5:48pm

85machonegt
Museum Newbie

troynlori wrote:

I grew up in VA BCH.  Good 'ol Cherry Point, eh?  You can get to something from every direction, but you're dead smack in the middle of no where.

I did text with the guy who was selling it, and he did seem cool.  His asking price (or really - Craigslist auction) was probably fair, but I already have one and so I would have just grabbed it to flip so it would have had to be cheap.  I'd love to know how much ya'll paid (if you know - PM me if you don't mind).

It does sound like your wife is very cool.  I can say that if I put all my bikes in the bedroom, I'd have to put my wife in the garage and that wouldn't work out too well.

That's pretty funny troy!  Cherry Point being good is like a sick joke!:roll eyes:  As far as your description, DEAD ON.  the fact that Walmart is the "happening spot" is almost like a stereotypical country bumpkin town you'd read about in a scary book.  I think if it wasn't for us, military personnel, this place would dry up and shrivel like a prune!ha ha ha 

"BMX POPS" is a really cool guy, I think that he let it go because I have a genuine interest in preserving this machine, plus my wife & father-in-law let him in on the father's day surprise they had for me!  ;) 

I don't have any other bike but I would like another old school that I could ride on a regular basis, but still have it as a collector.  I've always wanted a skyway t/a and a hutch (any model), so the search continues!

How many bikes do you have Bro?  man, your wife would definitely be be ticked, I'm sure!:P

Board footer