You are not logged in.

the BMXMUSEUM on Social Media

#26 2020-08-22 9:01am

FRESSTYLE FREEK
Pro Member(fantstik Spellr)
Bikes: 86

Re: the BMXMUSEUM on Social Media

lol I can see it now with limited time in the day for PC chate talk type stuff. the don't share their the come here to post it. so some one scored the intier 1998 99 collection of stuff owned by a team rider at DK bicycles. he shares it on face book not here. some one wines that reble flag is offensive to me. face book pulls it.  or say the owner of Redman Warrior cycles post up cool info. but the logo is offensive to me. Poof threads gone.

try that on here  lol Gary  that logo on that bike is offensive to me.
he will tell you grow a pare suck it up butter cup it's part of BMX's history. did you not read the name of this place? before you clicked on it !!!!!!!!!

Kindness is like Manure does You No Good unless You spread It around
bikes were made to be pedalled if we don't ride them they get sad:(!
YES I RIDE A PINK BIKE!! WANT TO MAKE SOME THING OUT OF IT!

2017 heavyweight build off entry submission thread link
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.p … 0#p5846730

#27 2020-12-10 10:26am

kb80's
For Sale Restricted

LOL Just went to fb to join, was asked who my fav rider was. I don't envy any rider. I answered "The guy whos not afraid to race a girl"
The questions kind of got me mad asking what magazine I like, I said the paper NBL newsletters.

So I figured, ask stupid questions get stupid answers.

What good is a BMX bike if it sits on the shelf? Ride that thang.......Yep that's right, my seat is from an old Free Spirt, and my chain is by Bell.

#28 2020-12-10 10:33am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member
Bikes: 97

kb80's wrote:

LOL Just went to fb to join, was asked who my fav rider was. I don't envy any rider. I answered "The guy whos not afraid to race a girl"
The questions kind of got me mad asking what magazine I like, I said the paper NBL newsletters.

So I figured, ask stupid questions get stupid answers.

I admin a few facebook pages and have implemented a few "entry questions" which is pretty much only to keep the spammers selling or promoting irrelevant shit away. Questions need to have some relevance but also need to be straight forward.

On the 90's page we simply ask "what is your favorite 90's bike?" I don't actually care what someone's favorite bike actually is but if they go through the effort to answer then chances are they aren't there to promote a dating site.

The remainder of the questions are a yes/no acknowledgment of how the page will operate. Pretty simple.

On the Canadian Old/Mid page there is a simple bike related question then ne asking what part of Canada you are from and then another basic yes/no acknowledgement question.

These are huge in keeping the garbage out. It requires admin time at the front end but greatly reduces it on the back end.

#29 2020-12-31 9:51am

madsterz
Pro Member
Bikes: 13

I would watch the traffic on the website closely. It may not be a problem, but a friend did this on another forum years back and it killed website traffic and eventually the website (and facebook was not a good replacement).

Haaaaarrrrrooooooo!

Board footer