You are not logged in.

Your definition of camping

#1 2018-05-15 7:10pm

kalel92198
Unleash The Duke
Signed up: 2012-01-08
Bikes: 13

Your definition of camping

What is your definition of camping? Mine is taking a 4x4 truck or some horses, loading them up with a tent, sleeping bag, fishing poles, guns and ammo, and just going off into the wilderness by a river where no one is around and live off the land for a week.
     Realistically for those of us that can't do that the next best thing is to find a nice campground with primitive sites, pop a tent, bicycle or hike everywhere, cook all your food over the open fire and no electricity or electronics. We do this every year and love it. We also lose 5-10 lbs doing this.
      It kind of irks me when people say they are going "camping" but really are just sleeping in an RV or camper. I actually used to be homeless living out of my truck for 6 months living and sleeping in my suburban in the dead of winter. Let me tell you, this was me being homeless. Why do people pretend to be homeless but say they are camping? And what ever happened to actual camping? My wife and I do not know a single person who like to sleep in a tent!

As Per The Museum Rules I am not allowed to have external links in my signature after having them up for 6 months to a year? Why because I pissed them off for calling out the obvious! Here’s my signature:
REMOVE THE CANCER FROM THE MUSEUM SO WE DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH HACKERS ANYMORE!
ISO:85 mcs styler f/f
Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2

#2 2018-05-15 7:18pm

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member
Signed up: 2011-01-10
Bikes: 100

Re: Your definition of camping

Camping is pulling my trailer down to the lake in Idaho and camping at this campsite we really like. Right on the lake with its own section of beach, dock and boat launch. Take the kayaks and spend a lot of time paddling.

#3 2018-05-15 7:22pm

psychoduddycycles
Pro MemberWAYYYY in the red since 1983
Signed up: 2006-12-31
Bikes: 10

So wait? What? Camping is like being homeless? lol

Sometimes, to make a paradise, you gotta release a SERPENT.

#4 2018-05-15 9:39pm

80sFreestyleFan
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2013-07-21
Bikes: 7
Website

Staying The night or a few Day's in Nature in a Tent preferably or in A Sleeping Bag and or Cot.

That chit will buff out

#5 2018-05-15 9:49pm

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper
Signed up: 2007-09-23
Bikes: 19

psychoduddycycles wrote:

So wait? What? Camping is like being homeless? lol

lol

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#6 2018-05-15 9:56pm

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper

kalel92198 wrote:

What is your definition of camping? Mine is taking a 4x4 truck or some horses, loading them up with a tent, sleeping bag, fishing poles, guns and ammo, and just going off into the wilderness by a river where no one is around and live off the land for a week.
     Realistically for those of us that can't do that the next best thing is to find a nice campground with primitive sites, pop a tent, bicycle or hike everywhere, cook all your food over the open fire and no electricity or electronics. We do this every year and love it. We also lose 5-10 lbs doing this.
      It kind of irks me when people say they are going "camping" but really are just sleeping in an RV or camper. I actually used to be homeless living out of my truck for 6 months living and sleeping in my suburban in the dead of winter. Let me tell you, this was me being homeless. Why do people pretend to be homeless but say they are camping? And what ever happened to actual camping? My wife and I do not know a single person who like to sleep in a tent!

to be honest I don't pretend to be homeless when I go camping and I'm almost sure even if I tried to pretend I was homeless my truck and RV would give it away...  lol

Last edited by xtremevert (2018-05-15 9:57pm)

My Father once spoke to me and said "The way you look at your bike is the way I see My children, I look past the imperfections and rough surfaces to the beauty of the finished product."

#7 2018-05-15 11:02pm

phishfarm73
Pro MemberDIRTY HIPPIE
Signed up: 2009-01-07

Ive been homeless a couple of times!... I found my way home after a few days though! neutral
That was a long time ago! smile

BMX Patriots!

#8 2018-05-15 11:05pm

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper

phishfarm73 wrote:

Ive been homeless a couple of times!... I found my way home after a few days though! neutral

tent or RV?

#9 2018-05-15 11:07pm

phishfarm73
Pro MemberDIRTY HIPPIE
Signed up: 2009-01-07

xtremevert wrote:

phishfarm73 wrote:

tent or RV?

Van by the river!

BMX Patriots!

#10 2018-05-15 11:12pm

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper

phishfarm73 wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

phishfarm73 wrote:

tent or RV?

Van by the river!

nice. vW?

chevy?  ford?  GM?

Last edited by xtremevert (2018-05-15 11:26pm)

#11 2018-05-15 11:59pm

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Signed up: 2007-07-02
Bikes: 41
Website

RVing is not camping roll

Tent/sleeping bag is the way, otherwise wants the point...the closest I came to RVing it, is using a couch & had to drag it in the uhaul when it started to rain, that kinda felt like being homeless lol

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

#12 2018-05-16 12:11am

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper

Hobbes12 wrote:

Tent/sleeping bag is the way, otherwise wants the point...the closest I came to RVing it, is using a couch & had to drag it in the uhaul when it started to rain, that kinda felt like being homeless lol

cat's don't camp...  roll

#13 2018-05-16 12:12am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

xtremevert wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

*meow*

hobbes1278@gmail.com
Akisu Auburn Blue Max DB Dyno ELF FA GT Haro Hawk Hutch JMC Mongoose National Pro Redline Roger DeCoster Schwinn SE Skyway WTP

#14 2018-05-16 12:40am

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper

Hobbes12 wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

*meow*

*meow* all you want MF'er you still don't camp...  and sure as hell are NOT HOMELESS... !!!!

#15 2018-05-16 12:49am

Hobbes12
AdminDon’t Be a Wussy!
Website

xtremevert wrote:

Hobbes12 wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

*meow*

*meow* all you want MF'er you still don't camp...  and sure as hell are NOT HOMELESS... !!!!

True all dat MF!!!

hobbes1278@gmail.com

#16 2018-05-16 2:14am

TMS40
Pro Member
Signed up: 2012-08-08

Pull up the 4x4 n roll out the swags under the stars.

#17 2018-05-16 5:19am

kalel92198
Unleash The Duke

Now that the beginning of summer here in the U.S. starts in a little over a week I can't wait to go camping! There is nothing like sleeping under the stars and hearing nothing but nature! I can smell the bonfire and the grilled food already! So basically me, the cat and 80s freestyle are the only ones who truly camp? Oh wait and tms maybe?

Last edited by kalel92198 (2018-05-16 5:20am)

As Per The Museum Rules I am not allowed to have external links in my signature after having them up for 6 months to a year? Why because I pissed them off for calling out the obvious! Here’s my signature:
Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2

#18 2018-05-16 6:07am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member

"Your definition of camping"

No right or wrong answer. Whatever works for you. Whatever gets you out of the city. Whatever gets you relaxed. Whatever allows you to take a step back. It's different for everyone. I've "camped" in every way possible and right now with a large family and small children camping is pulling my trailer to the lake or mountains and camping within a designated site. I realize this may be a step up for many hillbillies it's a step back into nature for me and it achieves everything I need to to. Speaking of which I grabbed it out of storage last night to begin stocking for the season.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/56126/img_58995afc2d2a56.jpg

Last edited by Kurt_Rad (2018-05-16 6:08am)

#19 2018-05-16 6:27am

80sFreestyleFan
Museum Addict
Website

phishfarm73 wrote:

xtremevert wrote:

phishfarm73 wrote:

tent or RV?

Van by the river!

Matt! I seen Your Motivational Video. wink

That chit will buff out

#20 2018-05-16 6:33am

80sFreestyleFan
Museum Addict
Website

kalel92198 wrote:

Now that the beginning of summer here in the U.S. starts in a little over a week I can't wait to go camping! There is nothing like sleeping under the stars and hearing nothing but nature! I can smell the bonfire and the grilled food already! So basically me, the cat and 80s freestyle are the only ones who truly camp? Oh wait and tms maybe?

What's up? cool Yeah My Pop's and Mom showed Me. We went on a Canoe Float trip for a couple day's once. Dang limb knocked Me out of The Boat (I didn't say It was safe) and I was burn't, but worth It.

That chit will buff out

#21 2018-05-16 7:36am

tacochris
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2016-08-22

....for me MY definition is heading out to the woods, finding a good spot, setting up the tent, getting the boy and the wife off their stupid phones and exploring.  Hiking, swimming, chillin by the fire, sleeping with the tent cover off so we can see the stars...etc.

Just an oldschool minitrucker and bmx kid doing what i do....
Proud "Klunker" hater.....

"...I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol days...before you've actually left em..."      -Andy Bernard

#22 2018-05-16 8:27am

kalel92198
Unleash The Duke

Kurt_Rad wrote:

No right or wrong answer. Whatever works for you. Whatever gets you out of the city. Whatever gets you relaxed. Whatever allows you to take a step back. It's different for everyone. I've "camped" in every way possible and right now with a large family and small children camping is pulling my trailer to the lake or mountains and camping within a designated site. I realize this may be a step up for many hillbillies it's a step back into nature for me and it achieves everything I need to to. Speaking of which I grabbed it out of storage last night to begin stocking for the season.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 2d2a56.jpg

Don't you guys get like a week of summer?

Nbd Kattsclawws67
RBD2

#23 2018-05-16 8:37am

Kurt_Rad
Pro Member

kalel92198 wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

The week from mid April to mid October

#24 2018-05-16 9:16am

spyker
Chup@c@br@
Signed up: 2009-11-19

I only do day trips,never overnight.

Made In Taiwan #1.....You Have Chosen Wisely!  Guaranteed Strength
Would you trust a fat ugly lazy drunk to weld up a frame that will be ridden hard?
$20 goes a long way here
violence solves everything!
never unarmed!
#VOGR
no fijindus picklers!

#25 2018-05-16 11:15am

xtremevert
The Gate Keeper

kalel92198 wrote:

Kurt_Rad wrote:

lol  now that's funny!  yes pretty much...

Board footer