You are not logged in.

Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

#10001 2021-08-28 7:51am

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

I had a 1st gen set of OG Kneesavers and then when that bike got stolen, I tried to find another pair. I  soon found out that I don't think any generation of Kneesaver 1's were made from the same jig....lol. The bend was never the same, higher crossbar, lower crossbar, "blade bars"... Got my first blammo with KS2's, cut about an inch off each side and viola! The taper of the bars from 1 1/8 down to 7/8 (plus levers) kept these bars from getting cut down too far by anyone, so usually if they are cut, they are already perfect. The Mirra bars were a couple inches shorter (and the bars sweep slightly up) so some kids cut them down to like 24 inches (remember that narrow bars era? For barspins, dude!) but Kneesavers 2's are just right. Although, if you build a new school bike, super light and then slap them on there, you definitely notice the difference. Those bars are like 2.5 pounds.

Kinda hard to be a weight weenie when you’re into midschool Haros, right? lol

Also I agree about the Kneesavers. Feel like I’ve never had two pair that are the same.

I very distinctly remember the narrow bars era loltongue That is one sad thing about trying to find a lot of used midschool bars… they’re all chopped! lol Sometimes it’s nice because it saves me the work on certain builds, like the Odyssey Bar Mitzvahs I’ve got on my recent M6 build. I would have cut them down anyway for flatland, but they came pre-cut to the perfect length wink

But lots of times it’s like… I wanna run brakes on some old Pr1mo Moe’s Bars but I can’t find a set that I could do that and also have longer than 2 inches of grip lol


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

#10002 2021-08-28 8:13am

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Thank you!

Now I have a better understanding big_smile

KS2's are hard to come by I presume .

I really see how unique they are , so looks like some of the tubing is 1 inch and grip and stem area is 7/8 ?

Reminds me of 1 inch fat bars for motorcycles how they would neck down at the grip area.

They kinda remind me of the Haro Y2K bars also.

I am just thankful I have any OG Haro handlebars and uncut.cool

I just got my first set of uncut chrome Sledge Hammer's and they feel alot different then OG knee savers I have on the 540.

More along the lines of what era I grew up in.  smile

I have some Haro Hi -Ten bars off an F1 and they just feel terrible to me.


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10003 2021-08-28 8:43am

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Posts: 4048
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

No problem Fett. All about spreading the mid school haro good vibes.

As we all know, our beloved mid-school haro stuff is now very sought after. A few years after the tanks when I came here (ironically to post about my stolen Blammo in 07!), NO ONE wanted those bars (or anything tank-ish for that matter). Those bikes were plentiful trash. Now, not so much. The going rate is about $200.
I've had almost every handlebar they have put out since 88. Still got some of them and buy 'em when I can.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/8158/20210610_13365860c24e67aa.jpg


If it were up to me, I'd do it mob style and anyone who knew anything gets whacked.

POOF!----hehehehe-HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline

 

#10004 2021-08-28 8:47am

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Posts: 4048
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

scottrides wrote:

FU wrote:

I had a 1st gen set of OG Kneesavers and then when that bike got stolen, I tried to find another pair. I  soon found out that I don't think any generation of Kneesaver 1's were made from the same jig....lol. The bend was never the same, higher crossbar, lower crossbar, "blade bars"... Got my first blammo with KS2's, cut about an inch off each side and viola! The taper of the bars from 1 1/8 down to 7/8 (plus levers) kept these bars from getting cut down too far by anyone, so usually if they are cut, they are already perfect. The Mirra bars were a couple inches shorter (and the bars sweep slightly up) so some kids cut them down to like 24 inches (remember that narrow bars era? For barspins, dude!) but Kneesavers 2's are just right. Although, if you build a new school bike, super light and then slap them on there, you definitely notice the difference. Those bars are like 2.5 pounds.

Kinda hard to be a weight weenie when you’re into midschool Haros, right? lol

Also I agree about the Kneesavers. Feel like I’ve never had two pair that are the same.

I very distinctly remember the narrow bars era loltongue That is one sad thing about trying to find a lot of used midschool bars… they’re all chopped! lol Sometimes it’s nice because it saves me the work on certain builds, like the Odyssey Bar Mitzvahs I’ve got on my recent M6 build. I would have cut them down anyway for flatland, but they came pre-cut to the perfect length wink

But lots of times it’s like… I wanna run brakes on some old Pr1mo Moe’s Bars but I can’t find a set that I could do that and also have longer than 2 inches of grip lol

I like that M6 build a lot. That's a rare tank frame and those bar-mitzvahs are a nice non-haro touch! I have a weak spot for red Haros. Never got the red Blammo I wanted.


If it were up to me, I'd do it mob style and anyone who knew anything gets whacked.

POOF!----hehehehe-HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline

 

#10005 2021-08-28 9:39am

4Boogie
Pro Member
From: Wilmington NC
Signed up: 2020-12-31
Posts: 36
Bikes: 1
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Thanks yes it’s a 2000. Got a pretty good deal on it, I replaced the seatpost and put decals on the frame. Mega Nuke and new crank will be next. If anyone has a all black Mega Nuke for sale let me know

Offline

 

#10006 2021-08-28 10:54am

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

No problem Fett. All about spreading the mid school haro good vibes.

As we all know, our beloved mid-school haro stuff is now very sought after. A few years after the tanks when I came here (ironically to post about my stolen Blammo in 07!), NO ONE wanted those bars (or anything tank-ish for that matter). Those bikes were plentiful trash. Now, not so much. The going rate is about $200.
I've had almost every handlebar they have put out since 88. Still got some of them and buy 'em when I can.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 4e67aa.jpg

Can I circle the stuff I need in your awesome picture?  lol  j/k lol

Great stuff!  Seems to happen in just about anything I was into, I used to throw away and give stuff away as it was plentiful, now I wish I still had it.

On a whim I decided to get back into BMX stuff recently and pitched my spiel and reasoning why I should and start a new program and a BMX display for our organization to the wife. 

Then my  jaw dropped and I was slapped around on the prices of Old School stuff I grew up with, so Old School was out of our budget.

I picked upped 4 or 5 months a go my first BMX of CL since I was kid , knowing nothing about any of this . It was chrome , a Haro and inexpensive is all I knew.  Now I have 5 bikes in different stages of repair. All mid school.  3 Haro's , GT and a DB.

My kids grew up in the Mid School era and they had bikes and so did their friends, did my duty as the kewl Dad and fixed stuff for all of them, never really paying no mind ,
I knew some of the mid school brands , but I was into motorcycles and cars and all that good stuff back then.

Since I started my adventure into all this recently, I have seen prices skyrocket and less and less parts even new branded stuff.
Mid school stuff is Uber rare now hmm .

I am thankful everyday I decided to join and support this site , it brings back the memories of the best years of being a kid , and realizing now being old and broken those where the best times and memories  smile

And the wife and I want to create those kind of memories for the kids we work with.  BMX will help create those just like I had wayyyy back when big_smile

I have met some great people here , and they have helped us tremendously behind the scenes to support our new program.

And I am also thankful for members like you who take the time to explain stuff to a newbie like me !!

Sorry for droning on , I tend to do that sometimes.... lol

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/287125/my-ears-are-bleeding-from-your-non-stop-droning-on-and-on-and-im-not-even-madim-impressed612a778d9c.jpg


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10007 2021-08-28 10:56am

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

4Boogie wrote:

Thanks yes it’s a 2000. Got a pretty good deal on it, I replaced the seatpost and put decals on the frame. Mega Nuke and new crank will be next. If anyone has a all black Mega Nuke for sale let me know

In my Ebay travels only seen a Mega Nuke light  I think they call it? for sale.

Guess it is like trin to find an OG Hevron Stem smile


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10008 2021-08-28 12:52pm

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Posts: 4048
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Man, I had hevrons and pulled them off my bikes and sold them for nothing! I never liked them; now they are gold!

Speaking of Nukes, have any of you guys, (newb or vets) seen an anodized Nuke ring...less than 44T....and in a color other than black or silver?

I had a red one 44T on my yellow Blammo that I sold. That thing was NOS when I put it on there in early 2000....
This year I've seen one 40T silver one, NOS. I bought it. Ryan Nyquist used to run a blue nuke on his blammo.
Juggarnaut had a 36 or 39T Mega Nuke in Black with Silver cutouts that I almost bought. Last year I snagged a mini-nuke 28T . I have a Black and Silver Nuke lite 43T.
And black Nukes in 44 and 39T. I'd trade any of those (except the silver 40T) plus cash if anyone has the 40T NUke ring in red or blue (not destroyed!)

Very cool about your foundation as well Fett.
My one and only attempt at doing something nice for some kid ended up in disaster....

We retro-fitted a tank HAro for this kid we saw everyday at the skatepark. He'd ask to ride our bikes because he had some brokeass scooter.
My buddy produces a tank -era shredder and we took parts off the floor there in the pic and retro'd this out with some real nice NS stuff. He was SO HAPPY.
Now, because "these guys at the skatepark gave  me a free bike" sounds very sinister we went to this kid's house. His mom was a lil taken back.
There were 5 more kids there. All of them expecting bikes.....the sadness in the other kids' faces was heartbreaking. Good job virtue signaling Chads!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/8158/nuke4060cbcfcc48.png

Last edited by FU (2021-08-28 12:57pm)


If it were up to me, I'd do it mob style and anyone who knew anything gets whacked.

POOF!----hehehehe-HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline

 

#10009 2021-08-28 2:42pm

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Thanks smile

Yea, we have already talked about a scenario like you mentioned big_smile

Already discussing a plan to screen which kid really deserves one and let the case worker or foster parent / staff member decide .

We need a buffer in place so does not turn sour for us. cool

Our display will consist of restored Mid School bikes along with our regular display set up.

I would love to have all 5 be Haro's , but I have 3 Haro's , a GT Performer and DB Viper.

The 5 bikes will travel around with us, I also have a Chrome BMX Tricycle for our display smile

Should really grab peoples attention and let them know what we are about when at Church events etc...
Never seen anything like it.  Hope to attract supporters , and also they can donate bikes directly , new or used .
.
As time goes on plenty of new school bikes available at reasonable prices locally for me to clean up, make safe and give to a deserving kid.

All it takes is one Positive memory and experience for a displaced , abused or not so fortunate child that can shape their future for the better smile

We hope BMX will do that along with the other things we have always done to create life changing positive experiences !

I have one Nuke sprocket , and it went on the X1 .  Lucky I got it!

I bet Scott has what you are looking for tongue

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/287125/img_5811612aada77a.jpg


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10010 2021-08-28 2:52pm

Evil04cobra
Pro Member
From: New Hampshire
Signed up: 2017-03-21
Posts: 1425
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 12
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

Man, I had hevrons and pulled them off my bikes and sold them for nothing! I never liked them; now they are gold!

Speaking of Nukes, have any of you guys, (newb or vets) seen an anodized Nuke ring...less than 44T....and in a color other than black or silver?

I had a red one 44T on my yellow Blammo that I sold. That thing was NOS when I put it on there in early 2000....
This year I've seen one 40T silver one, NOS. I bought it. Ryan Nyquist used to run a blue nuke on his blammo.
Juggarnaut had a 36 or 39T Mega Nuke in Black with Silver cutouts that I almost bought. Last year I snagged a mini-nuke 28T . I have a Black and Silver Nuke lite 43T.
And black Nukes in 44 and 39T. I'd trade any of those (except the silver 40T) plus cash if anyone has the 40T NUke ring in red or blue (not destroyed!)

Very cool about your foundation as well Fett.
My one and only attempt at doing something nice for some kid ended up in disaster....

We retro-fitted a tank HAro for this kid we saw everyday at the skatepark. He'd ask to ride our bikes because he had some brokeass scooter.
My buddy produces a tank -era shredder and we took parts off the floor there in the pic and retro'd this out with some real nice NS stuff. He was SO HAPPY.
Now, because "these guys at the skatepark gave  me a free bike" sounds very sinister we went to this kid's house. His mom was a lil taken back.
There were 5 more kids there. All of them expecting bikes.....the sadness in the other kids' faces was heartbreaking. Good job virtue signaling Chads!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … cfcc48.png

I've got 2 red ones missed out on a blue


Instagram @KLANDRY86

Offline

 

#10011 2021-08-28 3:19pm

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Posts: 4048
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Wow, Evil04, Red? 40T? Wow, cool ....The blue one is the one I really wanted for my 2020 Sport. I'm 99% sure that Silver nuke is going on my Airmaster whenever it gets here. Gotta have some mid-school on my new school, old school resiussue. lol


If it were up to me, I'd do it mob style and anyone who knew anything gets whacked.

POOF!----hehehehe-HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline

 

#10012 2021-08-28 9:03pm

Evil04cobra
Pro Member
From: New Hampshire
Signed up: 2017-03-21
Posts: 1425
Bikes: 10
For Sale: 12
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

Wow, Evil04, Red? 40T? Wow, cool ....The blue one is the one I really wanted for my 2020 Sport. I'm 99% sure that Silver nuke is going on my Airmaster whenever it gets here. Gotta have some mid-school on my new school, old school resiussue. lol

Misread mine are both 45t


Instagram @KLANDRY86

Offline

 

#10013 2021-08-28 9:17pm

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Evil04cobra wrote:

FU wrote:

Wow, Evil04, Red? 40T? Wow, cool ....The blue one is the one I really wanted for my 2020 Sport. I'm 99% sure that Silver nuke is going on my Airmaster whenever it gets here. Gotta have some mid-school on my new school, old school resiussue. lol

Misread mine are both 45t

I’ve only ever found the blue and red ones in 45 and 46t. sad I’ve got a blue 46t going on my 540 Air I’m working on. Probably going to have to bump the freewheel up a tooth lol

I also have seen red ones online once in a while but never affordable for me. Last one I had was on a bike that got jacked back in highschool roll

Blue seems difficult to find at all now too.

If you ever wanna let go of one of your Reds Evil04cobra, let me know.

Last edited by scottrides (2021-08-28 9:20pm)


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

#10014 2021-08-30 3:59pm

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Posts: 4048
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Look what I found while perusing my profile....unfreaking believable. lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/8158/sprocket612d62b327.jpg


If it were up to me, I'd do it mob style and anyone who knew anything gets whacked.

POOF!----hehehehe-HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline

 

#10015 2021-08-30 4:17pm

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

Look what I found while perusing my profile....unfreaking believable. lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 62b327.jpg

God damn. It’s like when I got a set of Tioga Air Steps in the early 2000’s for .99 cent starting bid tongue I found an eBay print out from it and some other stuff I got super cheap back then, including a TNT stem.

Last edited by scottrides (2021-08-30 4:18pm)


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

#10016 2021-08-30 6:16pm

FU
Pro Member
From: UBE
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Posts: 4048
Bikes: 4
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

You can keep those air steps my friend.
Ive been speared 3x in a calender year, 2 requiring the ER. I cant even imagine the liver shot PLUS the broken ribs those could cause in a crash....neutral

Just got these....less than going rate but a couple of issues and a forum Bro discount. cool
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/8158/20210828_112120612d82df00.jpg


If it were up to me, I'd do it mob style and anyone who knew anything gets whacked.

POOF!----hehehehe-HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline

 

#10017 2021-08-30 7:16pm

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

Look what I found while perusing my profile....unfreaking believable. lol
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 62b327.jpg

LOL... $16.00 bucks smile

Again I am late to the party , 10 years late.....big_smile


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10018 2021-08-30 8:07pm

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FU wrote:

You can keep those air steps my friend.
Ive been speared 3x in a calender year, 2 requiring the ER. I cant even imagine the liver shot PLUS the broken ribs those could cause in a crash....neutral

Just got these....less than going rate but a couple of issues and a forum Bro discount. cool
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 82df00.jpg

No one wants to sell me any lol been looking for a blue set for QUITE a while. Guess I’ve been having better luck, I’ve only taken a bar to the gut once and still have the scar from it. lol

Nice get!


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

#10019 2021-09-01 12:52am

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/231770/67303d6b-6eeb-4ad3-af43-fcc803426bb7612f3123a4.jpeg

The midschool love runs deep in this bish cool


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

#10020 2021-09-01 8:55am

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

scottrides wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 123a4.jpeg

The midschool love runs deep in this bish cool

Looking great ! smile


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10021 2021-09-01 11:24am

nnjrider
Pro Member
From: Hackensack, NJ
Signed up: 2016-05-24
Posts: 1690
Bikes: 8
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Group 1 Al 2001 chrome. Speed racer bars. Fusion chain ring. Have not touched it since I bought it in 2018. Any restoration thoughts?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-images/232312/3082b139-14fc-4cd0-a1c4-3ccaf4b8a108612fc55cae.jpeg

Offline

 

#10022 2021-09-01 5:20pm

jray02r1
Pro Member
From: Eau Claire, WI
Signed up: 2014-03-24
Posts: 3937
Bikes: 47
For Sale: 3
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

Put a new chain on it and ride it cool  maybe swap grips and tires if necessary.

Last edited by jray02r1 (2021-09-01 5:20pm)

Offline

 

#10023 2021-09-01 6:14pm

FettAffen
Pro Member
From: SW Florida
Signed up: 2021-04-10
Posts: 357
Website
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

nnjrider wrote:

Group 1 Al 2001 chrome. Speed racer bars. Fusion chain ring. Have not touched it since I bought it in 2018. Any restoration thoughts?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 55cae.jpeg

Very Nice !

2001 Haro Group 1 ALi ?

Not many in the museum if I looked up right.

It looks like alot of it is very original to me big_smile

Super spit shine, tune and lube smile

I really like it! And it is a Haro.... big_smile

I like all your bikes in the museum, you seem to lean to keeping stuff OG . 

I agree on the chain, I would get a new one , rusty and 20 years old .  I have busted a few chains in my time, bikes , motorcycles , mini bikes and go carts.
Is not worth the pain or scars which I have from chancing not so good chains.
 
KMC Z610H is most likely the one you have on it if OG, Porkchop has the KMC Z610HX in Nickle and would look great on this bike smile

If you gonna ride it and the tires and/ or grips are original, I would take those off and stash them, put some rider tires ,grips and bar ends and enjoy.

Could round up the small OG stuff if you don't have it before you cant find it anymore or stupid expensive , stash it away .

Bottom line, do what makes you happy smile 

Did you ever work on the Haro Bash?  I have a fetish for chrome.... tongue

https://bikepedia.com/Quickbike/BikeSpe … item=36226


"Chrome Don't Get You Home"
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
"I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." Dr McCoy
"Grease Monkeys" in German is FettAffen

Offline

 

#10024 2021-09-01 7:35pm

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

FettAffen wrote:

scottrides wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.bmxmuseum.com/user-image … 123a4.jpeg

The midschool love runs deep in this bish cool

Looking great ! smile

Thank you smile


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

#10025 2021-09-01 7:36pm

scottrides
Pro Member
From: Bismarck, ND
Signed up: 2016-05-12
Posts: 2016
Bikes: 101
Offline

Re: Mid-School HARO THREAD - for those of us that love the midschool haro

jray02r1 wrote:

Put a new chain on it and ride it cool  maybe swap grips and tires if necessary.

Agreed, probably replace the brake cable too if old. Otherwise looks like a super clean and awesome survivor cool


Follow my 2022 Build-Off Thread:
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic. … 6#p7121376

Searching for: Blue Tioga Airstep handlebars, blue Tuf Neck Tiger Stamp stem, copper Demolition Cranks, Orphan Hoffman Day Smith rear peg, rear red anno Haro Ground Round pegs, white w/ gum or skin wall freestyle tires, rear chrome Alex Supra-E Pro wheel (hub not majorly important), chrome Fusion 3-pc cranks, old school/early midschool purple parts.

Trade me smile

Offline

 

Board footer