You are not logged in.

1999 Haro Mirra Pro

#1 2010-09-30 12:27am

1of1547
Village Idiot
Signed up: 2010-06-23
Bikes: 15

1999 Haro Mirra Pro

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3719.1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3723.1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3720.1.jpg http://bmxmuseum.com/image/dscf3081.1.jpg

1999 Haro Mirra Pro

The first year for the Haro Mirra Pro.

I bought this off of eBay. It was missing some of the original parts. It took me about a year to find the correct parts without breaking the bank. I never liked the original blue and black colorway. So I changed the black parts to white. It's more of a "Miami Vice" look that I think looks a lot better than the original colorway.

http://bmxmuseum.com/img/view-bike-in-museum.gif

Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

#2 2010-09-30 8:29am

Flatlandfox
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2009-04-28

Re: 1999 Haro Mirra Pro

Love this bike... put a set of these forks on my 2009 retro!!!!

BMX/Freestyle... my fountain of youth.

#3 2010-09-30 10:48am

Duke 01
Lunatic Child
Signed up: 2006-11-05
Bikes: 12

1999 & 2000 were the most overbuilt Mirras :D
Always loved their feel, despite how heavy they are.

Yours need a fresh saddle, the "right" Kneesavers and maybe a set of cranks and this bike will be set on fire again!! ;)

Flatlandfox wrote:

put a set of these forks on my 2009 retro!!!!

Btw, these Haro Megaforks came stock on several Haro's of the late 90's-early 00's (included the Shredder and lower end Mirras).
The CNC'ed Megaforks Pro were only available on the Blammo & Mirra Pro. The others Megaforks don't match ;) Most people don't know the differences.
I know cause i've owned and have ridden both.

CNC'ed Megaforks Pro are TOUGH!

Duke.

!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

#4 2010-10-04 7:23am

1of1547
Village Idiot

Thanks guys.

Duke, what are the differences between the CNC Megaforks and none CNC ones. I've got a 2002 Shredder and you've peaked my interest on the difference between the two? I'd love to have another seat for it. But I'd imagine they are pretty rare and probably cost as much as I spent for the bike. Which set of Kneesavers would be the "right" set? How many different sets were made? I remember the original ones and my Shredder has a set that labeled 2000, if I remember right. Originally you said something about replacing the cranks. Are these cranks bad? Or is just a personal preference? I'm not really familiar with these year bikes. I'm more of an Old Schooler that can only afford midschool. But I'm trying to learn as I go. :D
Thanks,

Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

#5 2010-11-09 6:38pm

TheKoolKids
Pro Member
Signed up: 2010-08-10
Bikes: 2

I love this bike i have one also!! this bike rocks!
I just may keep mine!

I'm a rider not a speller... Sorry if you dislike  but I try hard. So please take it easy.
Got me a Model-C aftermarket frame!!!!

Kink frame anyone..? P.m me

#6 2010-12-16 7:21pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

1of1547 wrote:

Thanks guys.

Duke, what are the differences between the CNC Megaforks and none CNC ones. I've got a 2002 Shredder and you've peaked my interest on the difference between the two? I'd love to have another seat for it. But I'd imagine they are pretty rare and probably cost as much as I spent for the bike. Which set of Kneesavers would be the "right" set? How many different sets were made? I remember the original ones and my Shredder has a set that labeled 2000, if I remember right. Originally you said something about replacing the cranks. Are these cranks bad? Or is just a personal preference? I'm not really familiar with these year bikes. I'm more of an Old Schooler that can only afford midschool. But I'm trying to learn as I go. :D
Thanks,

Hey, nice to see that you have interested in this bike!
And by the way, my uncle lives in Maryland for about 35years now.

CNC'ed Megaforks were ridden by Dave Mirra and Ryan Nyquist back then. These were full Cro-Mo and had the 1piece CNC'ed steerer, double thick through-out!
Also their legs' tubing must have been slightly thicker than the NON-CNC'ed ones, cause a friend of mine had bent them after a bad landing.
Then had them replaced with the Pro ones from a Mirra Pro (CNC'ed Megaforks) and a month later had a bad crash while he went off the landing on a Big spine ramp and landed on his new forks....guess what? Frame BENT....while i was expecting him to snap just the forks in half in such a crash.
He STILL HAS THOSE FORKS after all those years and they are straight!
The same damn dude has bent the DK SOB forks and a Pitchfork! Go figure :|

After that happened i bought a leftover 1998 Blammo that had the CNC'ed Megaforks mounted on (the bike that is submitted on here). This frame cracked a while back, but forks are again straight and ready for another frame :)

If you wanna see for your self, take a look inside the steerer tube of the forks on Both the Mirra and the Shredder from the downside while you have the front wheel unmounted.
-Shredder Megaforks have a steerer tube consisted of two-pieces of tubing welded together exactly where the lower bearing cup race fits.
-Mirra Megaforks steerer tube is a ONE piece design from top to bottom. And at its bottom end, there where the legs are welded on, it is angle milled to save weight ;)

As for the seat, cranks & bars:
Yeah, seats are expensive and the sellers ask an arm and a leg for them..unfortunately. I lost one seat of those a while back and ended at $60.

There's nothing wrong with the cranks..these are not the original, just that, that's why i said so. Mirra Pros from that era came stock with chrome-plated FUSION 3pc Tubular cranks (same set that's on my Backtrail)
Personally i prefer a newer set of Haro-Premium OS-1 or OS-2 cranks, cause these ones are much tougher & lighter and were made by FSA as well!
("Kmpap" member on here have them on his Haros)

The bars that came stock on your Shredder are kinda lower end for the Mirra Pro.
The following bars are considered more "right" than other ones:
-Haro Jackhammer bars (and later on re-named to Nyquist Pro bars)
-Haro 'Blammo' Kneesaver bars
-Haro Mirra Pro bars

If you like zero back sweep bars, then go with the Mirra Pro, as these ones came stock on your Monster (these are also fitted on my submitted Blammo to get an idea)

Have a good time
Duke

!Midschool TANK freak!

GT parts wanted:  # GT Profile 3pc cranks in 175mm, Mint // # One GT Fly-Cutter 45t USA-Made sprocket, NOS or Mint

#7 2010-12-16 7:28pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

PS: Your sprocket is fitted inside-out and your stem's top cap upside-down..just for you to know. ;) And nice stem btw.

Duke

!Midschool TANK freak!

#8 2010-12-20 10:15am

1of1547
Village Idiot

Duke 01 wrote:

PS: Your sprocket is fitted inside-out and your stem's top cap upside-down..just for you to know. ;) And nice stem btw.

Duke

You know I've never picked up on the cap until you just said something!!! :lol: Thanks for your reply. I’ve been patiently waiting. :D Finding info about Mid School Haros is next to impossible.

All I've done all summer was ride it. I haven't even cleaned it up yet. I can tell you it is one of the sweetest bikes I've ever rode. But it is a tank!!!  :D Is the sprocket on backwards? To be honest it wouldn't surprise me. The reason I ask is it has a big undercut around the teeth on the backside. I figured the undercut would be on the backside instead of primetime. The cranks are brand new. They still have the QA, R, and L stickers on them. He must have either switched them with these or lost them and replaced them to sell it. I want to get a set of chrome Fusions for it. I was probably the guy you outbid on the black Mirra seat. I bid on one and had it up until close to the end. I picked up a blue metallic Mirra Pro seat for it. Even though it’s not correct for the year, I think it looks a lot better. Same goes for a set of Mirra Pro handlebars. I want a decent set, but can't justify spending more on a set of handlebars than I spent for the whole bike. :D I bought another set of Y2K Raw handle bars for it. But in my opinion don’t have enough “bling† to look right on it. The bent Mogoose bars need to find a new home. I’m just going to use a set of chrome Slams for the time being. Hopefully I will stumble across a set of Pros for it.

Thanks for the information on the forks and handle bars. I’m going to pulling both the Shredder and Pro down this winter. I also have a set of 1† Mega forks that I can compare. If all three are apart at the same time I will take pictures for reference use. I looked at the 1† forks and can see that they are welded on the bottom side. The bottom piece is machined and the treaded piece is not.

BTW where does your uncle live?

#9 2010-12-21 12:28pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

Thanks for the kind words. It's my pleasure.
The truth is that VERY few people know details on these bikes such as differences in forks, frames, cranks, hubs etc.

I really enjoy ridding these bikes too, thought its a tank, this sometimes has its positives

Exactly, the big undercut you mentioned goes on the front. It was that one that i saw missing and realised it was backwards ;)
If you place it right, it will also bring the chain closer to the bottom bracket, clearing more space between the seat-stays and the chain itself so that you get less chances of damaging your frame due to possible chain rubbing.

Blue metallic Mirra Pro seat?
Like that one on my Backtrail? If so that's sick!!!
I got mine new in 2000 and have never come across another one! Plus that it will suit your metallic blue frame better than anything else, i also believe that it's an era correct (1999-2000 won't make the difference)

I have two extra sets of Mirra Pro Bars.
The first one is chrome plated but it was overtightened on the bar clamp area :( and i've been looking for a second one with no luck. You know, it's a shame cause the chrome on it looks brand new.
The second is a black powdered set which is going to be used on a future build.

Wish the chrome polished ones were good so that you could have them on your Mirra.

That's right on the Shredder forks, the welded 'ring' on their bottom end screams its a 2pc steerer ;)
Haro built 4 versions of these Megaforks as far as i know:
-2pc steerer, 1" threaded, without 990 mounts. (Haro Sport 'diet', Haro Basher)

-2pc steerer, 1-1/8" threadless, with 990 mounts (Shredder, Mirra 540, maybe others)

-1pc CNC'd steerer, 1-1/8" threadless, with V-brake mounts (for Haro ABS brake, 1997-98 Blammo, 1997-98 Ultra)

-1pc CNC'd steerer, 1-1/8" threadless, with 990 mounts (1999-2003 Mirra Pro, 1999-2000 Blammo)

As for the uncle, he lives in Baltimore, Towson.
And that with the pics would be nice.

Duke

!Midschool TANK freak!

#10 2011-02-07 7:16am

1of1547
Village Idiot

Hey Duke,
Thanks again for your information. I really appreciate it. Do you know of any Mid School Haro catalogs that are available on the net. I'm starting to get a goo collection of them and would love to get more information about them. I kust brought home a blue 2002 Mirra Flair a week ago. I was hoping for matching blue Mirras. But the blue on the 02 is more purple. I took some pics. Just not happy with them. When the weather breaks I will get some better ones.
Sorry I missed this thread again!!! I finally got a set of Blammo bars for my Mirra. The are dated 9/98. So they correct enough for me. :D I'd like to find a Mirra Pro sticker for them though. And my seat is just like the one on your Backtrail. I have a spare just in case I need it!!! They both have little tears in them. Not really a big deal considering it is a rider. Now I just need some 180mm Fusion cranks and a good cleaning. I'd like to put some white tires and cables on it and it's pretty much done.
I've got three kinds of Megaforks. Just need the V Brake pros and I will have the set. My 95 Master had the 1" threaded ones on it.

#11 2011-02-08 6:04am

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

No worries!
I'm glad my help was valuable to you  ;)

As for the catalogs, i tell you that i have myself a printed 2000 Haro catalog and nothing else. As you can imagine i haven't found any of these online!
I also have some scans of the 1997 and 1998.
(i could email these to you if you would like)

Nice to hear about the collections you are after :)
I love these Haros myself as well!
Any info you may need on these midschool ones hit me up...i suppose i can help.

Yeah, the 2002 Blue color on the Mirra has a much deeper tone in it. Personally i prefer your 1999, this one.
Blammo bars have more rise, but same backsweep as i can recall. Good find....definitely!!
And i have a used Mirra sticker i can post it to you if you would like....it's not usable actually as the glue on the back is not "functional" any more, but you can use it for a scan/ re-production.

I was looking for another one of these seats for a Mirra S351 frame i got here...hehe, you sound like a lucky man!
The one on my Backtrail has some tears on it too, i consider this as normal after all those years, you're not alone here.

Oh! and about the Megaforks!
I totally forgot the 95' Masters!!! Those had the same forks that came stock on the Haro Sport "Diet" (later on Haro Basher)

Anytime,

Duke

!Midschool TANK freak!

#12 2011-04-22 7:09am

kmpap
Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-08-21
Bikes: 17
For Sale: 1

Great looking bike!  And boy Costas, as always I learned something reading through this thread!  I'll be honest - these bikes feel great to me, despite their weight.  I love their stability, and I love Mirra Pro bars for sure...

#13 2011-04-30 3:56pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

There's nothing bad in tanks!!! I love'em too :)

!Midschool TANK freak!

#14 2011-05-04 9:17am

1of1547
Village Idiot

kmpap wrote:

Great looking bike!  And boy Costas, as always I learned something reading through this thread!  I'll be honest - these bikes feel great to me, despite their weight.  I love their stability, and I love Mirra Pro bars for sure...

Costas is the man on Mid School Haros!!! I have yet to meet anyone that knows more about them AND will openly share the information!!! He has helped me with all of my Mid Schoolers. Including the original sales add for my 95  Master. If I ever get over there I owe you a beer!!! :cool:

My Pro has been on the back burner. I've been collecting parts to make it correct. The only thing I still need is a set of chrome Fusion cranks. Hopefully I will get some time to update the pics. I looks a lot better now. :)

#15 2011-05-04 6:07pm

FU
Pro Member
Signed up: 2007-08-13
Bikes: 5
For Sale: 2

Duke is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the haro tanks of the mid 90's to the early 2000's.
Op, your bike is a beauty. That blue is a classic and the frame/fork are keepers. The weight makes em predictable!

Elect clowns, expect circus...

#16 2011-05-05 12:10pm

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

Gotta thank you for the credit guys :)
I will always be here to share info.

The only set of 3pc Fusion cranks i've ever owned was a mess :(
Maybe i will locate a set as well, later on..

!Midschool TANK freak!

#17 2011-11-22 4:44pm

Harvester
Centurion Member
Signed up: 2009-06-04

Nice bike im just about to score an og survivor the same as yours but black. Awesome posts here guys thanks for all the info. I love Haros and enjoy collecting them I'm getting into the mid skools lately which is an exciting change from doing the oldskool masters for so long. I'm chasing all the Haro catalogs as well from 1996 to 2007 I've got all of them from 1984 to 1995.

#18 2011-11-23 3:32am

1of1547
Village Idiot

Thanks, I really need to update this. I have a herd of mid school Haros also. :D But this is still one of my favorites and one of the best riding bikes I own. Just heavy as a tank. I have almost all the parts to put it back to original. Costas (Duke 01) is definitely the man when it comes to midschool Haros and GTs. He has helped me more times than I can remember. If you scan any of those catalogs please let me know. I'd love to have some copies. I have all of the 84-94 catalogs except 89. And I'd really love to have a 95 catalog.

#19 2012-05-10 12:39pm

A.M. RACING
Expert
Signed up: 2011-08-24
Bikes: 2

NOW THAT'S COOL........

#20 2012-06-26 6:43pm

1of1547
Village Idiot

I finally got around to cleaning it up. I'm a little bit of a slow mover. :lol: It took a while to find the original parts in my price range. I changed things around a little with the white instead of the original black parts.

Last edited by 1of1547 (2012-06-26 6:44pm)

#21 2012-07-17 1:43am

Duke 01
Lunatic Child

bike looks PRICELESS !!! :D

LOVE it !

Well done Doug. Bars, seat and cleaning it up really set it off man, it really does :cool:

!Midschool TANK freak!

#22 2012-08-04 7:27pm

Flatlandfox
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2009-04-28

Sweet Ride!!!

BMX/Freestyle... my fountain of youth.

#23 2014-02-02 4:27pm

zman0803
Museum Addict
Signed up: 2011-11-07
Bikes: 6

Sharp!

#24 2014-02-11 11:00am

1of1547
Village Idiot

Thanks, its still one of my favorites!!! I'm just waiting for the weather to break so I can take it out for a ride.

Board footer