1999 Torker Plague
The Torker Plague was a mid-upper freestyle BMX offered in 1999 and was closely based on the frame designs of the legendary Torker 280, and the Australian Rok-on and Bragg models of the 1980's
This is my 1999 Torker Plague which I scored in a bulk buy lot off eBay and it was a run down survivor so I spent a bit of time and elbow grease tidying it up to a clean presentable standard.
I polished the frame, stem and seat post clamp using Autosol, and resprayed the forks, seat post and handlebars.
I left the original decals on it as I haven't sourced any NOS.Original Specs
- Bicycle Type: Freestyle/jumping
- Colors: Chrome-Plated, Sun Burn'd
- Frame Construction: Pulse-welded
- Frame Tubing Material: Chromoly/ hi-tensile steel
- Fork Brand & Material: Torker Chromoly, unicrown crown
- Brakeset:Tektro U-brake rear brakes, Tektro Sidepull Front, Tektro alloy levers
- Crankset: Torker 44T
- Pedals: Wellgo Platform
- Bottom Bracket: One piece American
- Rear Cog:16T
- Chain: KMC, 1/2 x 1/8"
- Seatpost: Chromoly layback micro-adjust, 25.4mm diameter
- Handlebar: Chromoly Torker
- Stem:Torker Aluminium threadless
- Headset:1 1/8" threadless YST steel
- Hubs: Joytec Alloy Sealed
- Rims: Torker Alloy 48-hole
- Tires:20 x 1.85" Maxxis Maxx Daddy
- Spoke Brand:Stainless steel, 2.0mm straight gauge
- Spoke Nipples: Brass nipples
My model is pretty close to original, the only differences being upgrades to GT Platform Pedals, AME Grips and new tyres.
THIS IS HAS BEEN SOLD
- Freestyle / Flatland
- Company: Torker
- Model: Plauge
- Wheel Size: 20"
- Headtube size: 1-1/8"
- Details The Torker Plague was a mid-upper end freestyle BMX offered in 1999 and was closely based on the frame designs of the legendary Torker 280, and the Australian Rok-on and Bragg freestyle models of the 1980's