2005 Supercross Looptail Prototype 24
One of only 4 looptail prototypes built by Supercross, 2x 20" and 2x 24".
This cruiser frame was built in 2005 by Supercross as a prototype. According to Bill Ryan, two 20" frames and two 24" frames were produced, with geometry similar to the UL of the same era. The Bottema style forks were also built by Supercross a few years earlier, at the same time as the NoMoreA.
My goal was to use as many American made parts as I could, while acquiring everything through the BMX Museum. It took me more than a year and a half to do so, but it was fun and well worth it!
Thanks to Mr. Ryan at Supercross for taking the time to talk with me about the frame and fork set, and to the BMX Museum members that helped me reach my goal.
- Frame: 2005 Supercross Looptail 24 prototype
- Forks: 2003 Supercross Bottema 24
- Handle Bars/Grips: Boss / ODI Rogue lock-on / VG bar ends
- Headset: Chris King
- Stem/Stem Lock: Living Proof Kustoms stem / Bullseye stemlock
- Seat: Profile Gator “100% Real Imitation Alligator”
- Seat Post/Collar: Thomson Elite post / Thomson collar
- Cranks: Profile Racing no-boss 175mm
- Pedals: Profile Gas
- Spider/Chainwheel: Profile 4-bolt spline drive / Pork Chop Chop Saw 39T
- Wheels: Phil Wood FSA 36H hubs / Odyssey Hazard Lite rims / stainless spokes
- Tires: Maxxis Holy Roller 24x1.85 / Bullet Buddies nickel plated valve stem caps
- Freewheel: White Industries ENO 16T
- Chain: KMC Z610HX
- Brakes/Pads: Bullseye Raceworks V-Brakes, first run / Kool Stop Supra 2
- Brake Lever: Paul Love
Submitted by FullTwisting
- Company: Supercross
- Wheel Size: 24"
- Toptube length: 21"
- Headtube size: 1-1/8"